Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharmacy) is an undergraduate degree course in the field of Pharmacy education. The students those are interested in the medical field can choose this course after the completion of class 12 th .After the completion of this degree, the students can practice as a Pharmacist. Pharmacists can work in a range of industries related to the prescription, manufacture & provision of medicines. The duration of this course is 4 years. Students who wish to join the B.Pharmacy programme have to fulfill the given eligibility criteria:
• For admission to the Pharmacy courses, student must have passed class 12 th with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology.
• Students have to secure a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
• Students, those pass the two year Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) are also eligible.
Bachelor of pharmacy is one of the popular job oriented course among the science students after class 12 th . In this course the students study about the drugs and medicines, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Medicinal Chemistry etc. This course provides a large no. of job opportunities in both the public and private sector.
There are various career options available for the science students after the completion of B.Pharmacy degree. The students can go for higher studies in the Pharmacy i.e. Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharmacy). This field is one of the evergreen fields in the medical sector, with the increasing demand for Pharma professional every year.
The pharmacy courses are approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) & Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), New Delhi.
To get admission into the Pharmacy course, students have to complete their 10+2 education & apply for apply for the state level exams such as TS EAMCET, as per the eligibility criteria of the exams.
CAREER AND JOBS
The pharmacy sector offers lots of opportunities to the students after the completion of the course. The students can work in a Pharmaceutical company or can practice as a Pharmacist. There is huge number of opportunities available for the students in both public and the private sector. You can also work in a government sector. Beside this, you can also work in an Abroad Company.
After completing a graduation degree, you can work at government hospitals, retail pharmacy & private hospitals/clinics. You can also start your own consultancies and business.
The students can work in a Pharmaceutical company or can practice as a Pharmacist. In Pharmaceutical Company, you can work in departments such as quality control, manufacturing, packing marketing, production, etc.
You can also make your career in Pharmaceutical Management & marketing field as a Production Manager, Medical Representative, Area Sales Manager, etc
To emerge as a center for academic excellence in pharmaceutical sciences
- 1. To impart pharmacy knowledge to students through professionally competent teachers and shape them as the best health care professionals
- 2. To pursue and explore the students in core and frontier areas of pharmacy research through conducive environment of sophisticated laboratories and cater the needs of pharmaceutical industry and society.
- 3. To develop critical problem analysis, leadership qualities and self-learning abilities.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’S)
- 1. To Develop The Graduates Into Aspirant Individuals With Profound Knowledge and Out Capabilities to excel in their pharmacy profession.
- 2. To shape up the graduates as better leaders for effective teamwork to cope up with the needs of the society.
- 3. To foster them to adopt professional while serving the society as health care professional.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’S)
- Pharmacy Knowledge: Possess knowledge and comprehension of the core and basic knowledge associated with the profession of pharmacy, including biomedical sciences; pharmaceutical sciences; behavioral, social, and administrative pharmacy sciences; and manufacturing practices.
- Planning Abilities: Demonstrate effective planning abilities including time management, resource management, delegation skills and organizational skills. Develop and implement plans and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis: Utilize the principles of scientific enquiry, thinking analytically, clearly and critically, while solving problems and making decisions during daily practice. Find, analyze, evaluate and apply information systematically and shall make defensible decisions.
- Modern tool usage: Learn, select, and apply appropriate methods and procedures, resources, and modern pharmacy-related computing tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- Leadership skills: Understand and consider the human reaction to change, motivation issues, leadership and team-building when planning changes required for fulfillment of practice, professional and societal responsibilities. Assume participatory roles as responsible citizens or leadership roles when appropriate to facilitate improvement in health and well- being.
- Professional Identity: Understand, analyze and communicate the value of their professional roles in society (e.g. health care professionals, promoters of health, educators, managers, employers, employees).
- Pharmaceutical Ethics: Honor personal values and apply ethical principles in professional and social contexts. Demonstrate behavior that recognizes cultural and personal variability in values, communication and lifestyles. Use ethical frameworks; apply ethical principles while making decisions and take responsibility for the outcomes associated with the decisions.
- Communication: Communicate effectively with the pharmacy community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations and documentation, and give and receive clear instructions.
- The Pharmacist and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety and legal issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional pharmacy practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional pharmacy solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change. Self- ssess and use feedback effectively from others to identify learning needs and to satisfy these needs on an ongoing basis.